Frequently Asked Questions about Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale
1. What is Kannada Bharati [KB]?
Kannada Bharati is a volunteer- led non-profit organization, registered in the state of Washington and serving the Seattle area Kannada community. We promote the cultural heritage/tradition of Karnataka by bringing in various classes like Janapad Nruthya, Carnatic Music, Hindustani Music, Bharatanatya, Arts and crafts classes during the school year.
2. What is Kannada Academy?
Kannada Academy, a non-profit organization, is primarily dedicated to the mission of popularizing Kannada as a spoken language. Moving beyond veneration of Kannada as a classical language,Kannada Academy seeks to make this a contemporary language whose everyday usage becomes customary and widespread.
3. What is Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale?
Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale is a Kannada teaching (Reading, Writing and Spoken) classes organized by Kannada Bharati. Kannada Bharati has a rich experience in teaching Karnataka Arts, Dance, Drama,and Music for Washington Kannadigas for more than 6 years. In continuation of teaching Karnataka’s art forms, KB would like to extend its teaching capabilities to Kannada Language to benefit more Washington Kannadiga families and promote Kannada literature to younger generations who are away from Karnataka and India.
4. Why Kannada Bharati introducing Kannada Shaale?
Kannada Bharati would like to introduce Kannada Shaale to Kannadigas in a lighter version (only 60 minutes per week online classes). As the Kannada community is growing in Washington state, parents need an option to teach Kannada to their kids in a convenient way. Intent is to teach Kannada to more Kannada Families.
5. What are the advantages of Joining Kannada Shaale?
1) Only 60 minutes on Saturday from 10AM to 11AM PDT
2) Only online
3) Free of cost
4) Even if you transfer to another state, Kannada education can be continued
5) Kannada classes up to 8th Grade
6) Support to get high school credits
7) 1:5 teacher to student ratio
6. How many Grades will be there in Kannada Shaale?
Since we will be following Kannada Academy, will have classes up to 8th grade
7. How Kannada Paata Shaale Shaale works?
Trained teachers will use Kannada Academy textbook content to share the yearly curriculum and lessons to conduct online classes on a weekly basis from September to June calendar year. Weekly classes, Homework, and Exams will be conducted online.
8. Who will teach in Kannada Paata Shaale Shaale? Are they trained to teach in Kannada?
Teachers will be trained by Kannada Academy and teach Kannada in a easiest and fun way with the help of highly structured curriculum and standard text books across the USA and world.
9. How much do we need to pay to Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale per year?
Donations are welcome but intent is to start the classes for free of cost. Promoting the Kannada language is the most important aim for Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale.
10. Who are the point of contacts for Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale?
Kannada Bharati has dedicated leaders to organize and run Kannada Paata Shaale Shaale. Please send email to email@example.com
11. When and How can I register for Kannada Shaale?
Please register using the link Classes
12. From when Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale classes will start?
First batch classes start from Oct 9th 2021, Second batch from Oct 16th 2021
13. I have a 10 year old kid, in which grade I have to enroll?
Please register, will reach out with more information
14. Where and how to collect textbooks?
Kannada Bharati will coordinate with you to handover text books. Once your kid is registered and approved to attend a batch, Kannada Bharati will arrange to collect the textbook.
15. Will there be any exams?
There will be 2 exams in a year. There are 12 Kanthe’s (Chapters/sections), after every 6 Kanthe, there will be an exam.
16. Is it possible to conduct on weekdays?
Not planned but can be discussed based on interest.
17. What facilities do I need to attend online classes?
Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale will be conducted through Google ClassRoom. Every Kid will be provided a unique mail ID to login into Google Classroom. Weekly classes, Homework, Exams will be conducted online through Google Learning Management System.