Frequently Asked Questions about Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale
1. What is Kannada Bharati [KB]?
Kannada Bharati is a volunteer- led non-profit organization, registered in the state of Washington and serving the Seattle area Kannada community. We promote the cultural heritage/tradition of Karnataka by bringing in various classes like Janapada Nritya, Carnatic Music, Hindustani Music, Bharatanatyam, Arts and crafts classes during the school year.
2. What is Kannada Academy?
Kannada Academy, a non-profit organization, is primarily dedicated to the mission of popularizing Kannada as a spoken language. Moving beyond veneration of Kannada as a classical language,Kannada Academy seeks to make this a contemporary language whose everyday usage becomes customary and widespread.
3. What is Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale?
Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale is a Kannada teaching (Reading, Writing and Spoken) classes organized by Kannada Bharati. Kannada Bharati has a rich experience in teaching Karnataka Arts, Dance, Drama,and Music for Washington Kannadigas for more than 7 years. In continuation of teaching Karnataka’s art forms, KB would like to extend its teaching capabilities to Kannada Language to benefit more Washington Kannadiga families and promote Kannada literature to younger generations who are away from Karnataka and India.
4. Why Kannada Bharati introducing Paata Shaale?
Kannada Bharati would like to introduce Paata Shaale to Kannadigas in a lighter version (only 60 minutes per week online classes). As the Kannada community is growing in Washington state, parents need an option to teach Kannada to their kids in a convenient way. Intent is to teach Kannada to more Kannada Families.
5. What are the advantages of Joining Paata Shaale?
1) Only 60 minutes on Sunday from 10AM to 11AM Pacific Time
2) Only online
3) $50 for Textbooks and Supplies
4) Even if you transfer to another state or country, Kannada education can be continued
5) Kannada classes up to 8th Grade
6) Support to get high school credits
7) 1:5 teacher to student ratio
6. How many Grades will be there in Paata Shaale?
Since we will be following Kannada Academy, will have classes up to 8th grade
7. How Kannada Paata Shaale works?
Trained teachers will use Kannada Academy textbook content to share the yearly curriculum and lessons to conduct online classes on a weekly basis from September to June calendar year. Weekly classes, Homework and Exams will be conducted online.
8. Who will teach in Kannada Paata Shaale? Are they trained to teach in Kannada?
Teachers will be trained by Kannada Academy and teach Kannada in a easiest and fun way with the help of highly structured curriculum and standard text books across the world.
9. How much do we need to pay to Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale per year?
Donations are welcome but intent is to start the classes for $50 towards Textbooks and Supplies. Promoting the Kannada language is the most important aim for Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale.
10. Who are the point of contacts for Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale?
Kannada Bharati has dedicated leaders to organize and run Kannada Paata Shaale. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. When and How can I register for Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale?
Please register using the link Classes: https://kbharati.org/classes . Once you register, KBPS admin team will approve it by checking all pre-requisites and if it is approved, then complete the payment steps for the registrations
12. From when Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale classes will start?
For 2021-2022, we started the first batch Kannada Classes on October 9th 2021
For 2022-2023, we started Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale Classes from September 11th – Sunday
For 2023-2024, we will start Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale Classes from September 10th – Sunday
13. I have a 10 year old kid, in which grade I have to enroll?
Please register, will reach out with more information - email@example.com
14. Where and how to collect textbooks?
Kannada Bharati will coordinate with you to handover text books. Once your kid is registered and approved to attend a batch, Kannada Bharati will arrange to collect the textbook.
15. Will there be any exams?
There will be 2 exams in a year. There are 12 Kanthe’s (Chapters/sections), after every 6 Kanthe, there will be an exam. ( Mid term test and Final Test)
16. Is it possible to conduct on weekdays?
Since some of the teachers are working, it is convenient to teach during weekends.
17. What facilities do I need to attend online classes?
Kannada Bharati Paata Shaale will be conducted through Google Online Class Room. Every Kid will be provided a unique mail ID to login into Google Classroom. Weekly classes, Homework, Exams will be conducted online through Google Learning Management System.
18. If my kid is completing 6 years in September, will I be able to register for Level 1?
We suggest that kid should be min 6 years because of some writing work in Level 1.
19. Shall I register my kid directly into Level 2 or Level 3?
To enroll into Level 2, kid must have completed/graduated the Level 1 and for Level 3, Level 1 and 2 must be completed from Kannada Academy. Else everyone will start from level 1 only.
20. Does Kannada Bharati will help to get High School credits?
We will assess the kids’ Kannada reading, writing and speaking fluency to make a small groups to get prepared to take Kannada tests.